Thursday, May 09, 2013

Cranberry Chocolate Banana Bread

I found this recipe on Pinterest, and made it today, but I found the instructions not as clear as they should be, if someone who is not used to cooking/baking were to follow that recipe, they might get confused (I know I was at first), so I thought I would share the same recipe, but with clearer instructions in those areas that were lacking it. The original recipe can be found here. Oh, and I did not use the pictures on that site, I took my own pictures.




Ingredients:

  • 2/3 Cup dried cranberries
  • 1/4 Cup butter, softened
  • 3/4 Cup sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 3 bananas, mashed
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 2 Tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 1/2 Cups flour
  • 1/3 Cup baking cocoa
  • 1 Tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 Tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 Tsp cinnamon
  • 1/4 Tsp salt

Instructions:

  1. Turn on the oven to 350°F
  2. Place cranberries in a bowl and cover with hot water, by the time you have everything else ready they will be ready to use.
  3. In a large bowl beat butter with sugar for 2 minutes. Add eggs, beating well after each addition.
  4. Combine bananas, sour cream and vanilla. Then add to the butter/sugar/eggs mixture.
  5. In a separate bowl mix flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Combine with the banana mixture which was combined to the first mixture.
  6. Drain cranberries and fold into the batter.
  7. Bake in a greased 5x5-inch loaf pan for 45-50 minutes. (That's what the original recipe called for, however I didn't have a loaf pan that size, so I used a 9inX5in pan and it worked out just fine. I cooked mine 45 minutes and it was cooked to perfection.
  8. Place pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes, then you can take it out and put on a serving plate.



This loaf is absolutely delicious, and moist. I loved it!


No comments: