Saturday, July 27, 2013

Where are the butterflies?


So much talk this year about butterflies, such as the Monarch, which is usually plentiful and is nowhere to be seen this year. As I was looking over the flowers in my yard yesterday, it came to me that we haven't seen ANY butterflies this year. Where have they all gone. Above is a picture I took last year of a Painted Lady Butterfly, which is almost as beautiful as the Monarch. And sadly, none are around today.


I appears that the Monarch's migration has been delayed due to the bad weather we've had this year. So much rain early on in the summer, not to mention the cold weather as well, and in other areas it was the opposite, they  had drought. It could be the same reason for other butterflies to be missing. I sure hope nothing else is the cause for our missing these beautiful creatures.

That's it, just a short blog to add my thoughts on the missing butterflies, and hoping we will see them again soon. Have a great week-end!



No comments: