Monday, September 03, 2012

A more hopeful day!!

Originally published on Multiply, December 7th, 2007


Good news day! The test for C. difficile came back negative!!!!!   YEAHHHHHHHH!!!! That is very good news, I was so scared he would get that on top of everything else and then delay the rehab once again, so we've turned around that corner.

The INR dipped down to 2.1 today, but not that unusual as he no longer is getting the Heparin, and it takes a few days to get it right, so hopefully by Monday morning it should be up to par. The move is set as it was last week, they should move him at 8am Monday, so I have to be there early and then we'll see how things work over at Julius Richardson.

Everyone keeps saying they will love him there, I just hope HE loves it there too, and they can get things moving quickly. I'm worried a bit because I don't know if I'll be able to be there as I am with him at the hospital, I don't think I'll be able to, because of all the therapy he'll be doing, but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

The physio therapist was here today, and took him for a walk with the cane only - and the therapist and an assistant, but he had been in h is chair since 10am, and they came after lunch, so he was a bit tired, and didn't feel very strong. He didn't walk as far as yesterday, but at least he tried. When he came back to the room they got him into bed, actually they sat him on the side of the bed and showed him how to lie down by himself. I turned out the light and we both slept for about 1-1/2 hours we both needed it.......lol

They came around for supper and we were both asleep. So they did the rest of the floor and came back with the tray, I woke up at that point and thanked her and woke Tony up.

The rest did him a world of good, he felt a lot stronger, and wanted to sit in his chair, but they were short of personnel and couldn't do it tonight, so he ate sitting in bed, it was a bit of a bummer, but Tony is so easy going that he won't put anyone out if he can help it. But at least tonight there were no panic attacks, he felt good when I left, so I'm really happy about that. The therapist had showed him an exercise he can do while in bed, one that would help him with the walking as his right leg has a tendency to stiffen up when he walks. So after supper he did a few of those.

The speech therapy was there in the morning before I got there and she came back while he was eating lunch. I met her as I went to get something to eat. She said she had requested a test lunch for him to see how he could chew. He had a great lunch, some penne with rosé sauce, half of a veal parmesan and green beans. He had no problems with the veal at all. She suggested he goes with a soft diet, things like pasta, cottage cheese etc. He would get some chicken she said, but stay away from the tougher cuts of meat, anyhow, he's only there for 2 more days. When he gets to Julius Richardson they will re-evaluate him anyway.

So I guess things are looking good right now, hopefully the INR will level off at the right place and we'll be off and running to the rehab on Monday.


moscreations wrote on Dec 9, '07
Thanks Latonya and Misty - I am getting more hopeful every day :)

latonya61 wrote on Dec 8, '07
Just so you know my dear friend........I've been keeping you both in my prayers.

mistyshadows2u wrote on Dec 8, '07
Well goodness this is all so positive MO. Xing fingers he goes on Monday.

moscreations wrote on Dec 8, '07
Thanks Barbara, always need lots of both of these :)

barbarab1313 wrote on Dec 7, '07
Yay nothing like good news. I am so very happy things are looking up. I am still going to continue sending (((HUGS))) and PRAYERS. Can't hurt. :)





No comments: