Saturday, September 01, 2012

Hope.........and a scare!

Originally published on Multiply, December 7th, 2007


Good morning friends,

I know I haven't blogged in a few days, I am so tired when I get home that I can't bring myself to come down here and even in the morning I sometimes skip it too, or just read the mail. So I apologize for my absence.

Tony's INR is finally coming up (meaning his blood is getting thinner), his INR yesterday hit 2.4, which is pretty good and he was taken off the Heparin drip - YEAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! Of course now, the trick is to continue on this path, and if it keeps up, he will be going to Julius Richardson's on Monday, so I pray that it will work, it's so nice for him not to have that appendage continually, he still has the PICC line, so now the Vancomycin can be put through there and that's only for about 2 hours a day. So he will be freer for rehab.

Now for the scare, yesterday his stool (sorry to talk about this for those with sensitive stomach) was very loose and there were some blood in it, so the doctor said she would get him tested for C. difficile!!!! I pray to God that it comes back negative, that's all we need, another infection that would prevent him going to rehab once again. It takes 48 hours for a test to be done, so we'll be on pins nd needles for a couple of days as the sample was taken last night only.

His spirit is usually pretty good, except at night, when he gets more anxious, and on top of that last night he had the visit from someone in his office, our main contact as he's the one dealing with the RBC Insurance. He was talking about all the problems they were having at the office, people being hired and fired, and all kinds of problems, after he left Tony was having a panic attack thinking about all that negative stuff, I have to call Bob today to ask him to keep these things to himself when he comes, it's too upsetting for Tony and quite frankly, I doubt that he'll ever go back to work, and he doesn't want to either, but I think they all expect him to make a great recovery and be back to work as soon as all is well, but we don't know just how successful the recovery will be. The leg to be sure will come back, but the arm and hand is another story. Anyway, I asked the nurse if she would give him his Serax a little earlier to calm him down, and she said she would give it to him at 8:30pm. I hope he slept well and feels better, I always call him at 8am to see how he is.

Yesterday the physio team came by and this time they had him walking with walker without wheels or gliders, pretty much like this one. And then they switched it to a cane similar to this one. He walked from his room all the way to the nurses station, which has to be 50 feet (15m) I'd guess, of course it was an assisted walk, meaning the therapist was holding the right hand on the walker but he was doing the walking himself. The assistant was behind him with a wheelchair and when he got to the nurses station he was tired, so I wheeled him back to his room. That was quite a workout for him, and everyone was impressed and saying they would love him at rehab as he was a good candidate. I just hope they can do a miracle with the arm too.

Well I better get going, I need to do some washing before I leave, and still have to get breakfast, it's just amazing that the time flies by so quickly, considering I'm up at 5am!!! But I am washed and dressed :) I need to get to the store to get him that sling the therapist wanted me to get him for his right arm, I thought they would be open until 9 last night, but no, they close at 6 every day, so I'll try to get there today, there is never any parking available, it's very frustrating.

Wishing you all a great day - or evening! I hope to have good news to report next time I blog!


   
               moscreations wrote on Dec 13, '07
              Oh Leslie, dear friend, PLEASE do not apologize, YOU are going through hell and have been for          months now, 2007 sure hasn't been kind to either of us has it. I'm just glad to hear from you, so I know you   made it through OK through this last surgery. I am worried about you too and have been praying for you.     Let's hope what both you and Tony will have a better 2008!!!! Hugs!
dreamyone wrote on Dec 11, '07
Mo,
I'm so happy that tony is doing better and I continue to pray for you both...I just hope that this nightmare will be over and he'll be back home again with you again and all will be okay. I'm so sorry as a friend that I haven't been able to read or be more here for you.. I feel so guilty.. Please forgive me.. but you are always in my heart and prayers.. You are such an amazing lady and how your able to keep write all these things down and keep things on track is just amazing.. I'd be a wreck. Tony is so lucky to have such a special lady in his corner. Anyway big hugs for you both and please pass on to Tony that I"m wishing him to get well soon. :) Now don't over do and take care of yourself :)
moscreations wrote on Dec 9, '07
Thank you all for your comments :) Definitely, his co-workers want to keep him informed as to what is going on, but that is the last thing on his mind, he's not interested in the least and I understand that. I think he will do really well at rehab, I just hope that they can get the arm and hand working again!
sandyvic wrote on Dec 9, '07
So glad to hear Tony is coming along so well. He does sound like the perfect candidate for rehab.
I am sure the fellow from work didnt realize the stress he was causing to Tony. I am sure he will feel bad about it. Hope the next time he comes he brightens his day more.
moezie wrote on Dec 8, '07
i'm so glad to hear tony is walking better mo :o) this is great news! praying that tony does not have cdiff and i hope you are getting some rest my sweet friend xoxox

mistyshadows2u wrote on Dec 8, '07
I think this is great encouraging news about Tony up and walking. Most likely people from work think he wants to hear what's going on and often too workmates really have nothing in common but work.
kandaphati wrote on Dec 7, '07
Thanks for updating. Good idea not to talk about work and worries Tony unnecessarily. Glad to know he is recovering. Please make sure the arm and fingers - esp all those joints do not stiffen too much...! (That's OT's job...!) And please always remember to take very good care of yourself, Mo. Have a restful weekend with lots of good news.
barbarab1313 wrote on Dec 7, '07
Hi Mo, Sounds like Tony is making some progress, hope that he will be in rehab Monday. The quicker he gets there, he will recover faster. They should know better then to discuss work with Tony. He needs positive words in his life right now. He is very lucky to have you which I am sure he knows. Hang in there.
(((HUGS))) and PRAYERS
osuzana wrote on Dec 7, '07
Well, things are better if he is up walking. It sounds like there is a lot of hope. Just let that be your guide. Hugs





No comments: