Saturday, September 15, 2012

Health tip - about sugar replacement products

< photo Nototoxicproducts_zps0583e2d3.jpg


If you want to help yourself, get rid of all the so-called diet products, like Diet Coke etc, or anything containing Asperthame, Saccharine and Sucralose. Here's something I saw on Facebook that I felt everyone needs to hear about, I had already heard it all from Dr. OZ. I've already ditched a huge bad of Splenda I had just bought at Costco last week, (I couldn't return it because I had stupidly opened the bad, but not used it as yet). I've heard it all for a couple of years on Dr.. OZ's show, but chose to ignore it until now, I guess I finally woke up!

Toxic foods, drinks, and additives to cut out of your diet for good

Diet sodas and beverages sweetened with artificial chemicals. One of the more common dietary misconceptions in mainstream society today is the idea that "diet" beverages are somehow healthier than their sugar-sweetened beverages. Aspartame (NutraSweet, Equal) saccharin (Sweet'N Low), and sucralose (Splenda) are among the more popular artificial sweeteners used in many diet sodas, juices, chewing gums, and other foods.

Not only are artificial sweeteners bad for your health, but they also tend to promote obesity. If you want to protect yourself against chronic illness and toxicity -- aspartame literally converts to formaldehyde in the body and causes metabolic acidosis -- it is best to stick with either raw sugars or natural sugar substitutes like pure Stevia extract.

I really must investigate Stevia and see where I can get it, hopefully locally. I remember, oh maybe 6 or 8 years ago or so, I was in a Yahoo group called "I Want it all" and the lady that was running it was asked at the time, by the creator of Stevia to join their company and help promote the product. She had told us all about it, I think she had even shared some recipes made with it, but I never gave it a second thought at the time. Maybe it's time to give it a chance now! But for the moment, I'll be using real sugar, although very little of it. We don't drink too any soft drinks here, mostly what we have is water, so not much changes to the diet, except for replacing Splenda with sugar in coffee. And not using any of those "light" products or "diet" products containing Asperthame or Sucralose, such as Yogourt for instance.

Did you know that the stevia plant is grown in Canada? Stevia is a natural product, contrary to those other ones that are full of chemicals. But don't take my word for it, check out their website I just found http://www.steviacanada.com/ and their Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/JGGroupSteviaCanada. Seems that Health Canada has not yet approved Stevia as a product additive though http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/fn-an/securit/addit/sweeten-edulcor/stevia-faq-eng.php

Isn't it weird thought that the EU and even the US from I can see have approved it and Canada, the country who found this does not? http://www.canadianmanufacturing.com/food/food-research-and-development/stevia-eh-51716.

Well at least just writing this blog I have learned more about Stevia than before, so I guess that's good!



No comments: