Monday, September 03, 2012

Finally!!!

Orinally published on Multiply, December 9th, 2007


Provided that nothing happens overnight, it's a go to move to rehab in the morning. His INR came back today at 2.5, after 2 days being at 2.1, so we were ecstatic to hear that and arrangements were made for the move at 8am tomorrow morning. I sure hope the INR stays there though, after last week's fiasco, I hope it won't be a repeat performance.

Other than that, the week-end was rather uneventful. The only visitors he had was his brother and his wife this afternoon. As with all other week-end, the hospital is always short staffed. So I had to move Tony to the commode a couple of times by myself, it's really hard on my back and really sore now, as it's been pretty much all week. I have been exercising his leg and arm and I hope that all will go well when he's at the Julius Richardson.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to be there as much as I was in the hospital, probably not, as he will be busy with the rehab, and probably quite tired after each session and probably will try to get some sleep. Anyway, we'll see how it goes and cross that bridge when we get to it. We are both hopeful and looking forward to it. Obviously he will still be there at Christmas, and I can't help wonder what kind of Christmas it will be, but as long as I'm with him, that's all that matters.

I was shoveling a path for Tara to be able to walk in the backyard yesterday and was talking to a neighbour at the back, we had become friendly this summer as we were waiting for a contractor to rebuild a fence between all the neighbours in our backyard. It's a long story that  won't go into right now, suffice to say we were without a fence for the whole summer and most of the fall, but it gave us the opportunity to meet some neighbours we didn't really know, and one of them is really very nice and helpful. She is a lady who originally comes from Provence (I think) in France and has a daughter and son (all very grown up) and living with her. The daughter was shoveling snow near the fence because her dog jumps the fence and takes off, and I was clearing a path for Tara, she knew Tony had gone in the hospital for the bleeding but didn't know about the stroke. So I told her all about it and she said that of we needed any help of any kind to not hesitate to ask, so I mentioned that I was looking for someone to finish off some work Tony had started (putting up some gyproc to block a hole in the basement) and had not finished. She said her brother would be happy to do it and he came later in the day (Pat was here) to check out what needed to be done, and today he came back and did it, he put it up and plastered it, and now needs to sand it and put another coat. And he doesn't even want to be paid for the work. Pat gave him a bottle of wine that we had in the garage, which is fine with me, I called him from the hospital and thanked him. They are so generous, we are lucky to have great neighbours like this.

Another neighbour on our left shoveled the snow from our walkway last Monday when we had the snowstorm, and a neighbour across the street accepted that I keep Tony's car in his driveway, so leave it clear in ours for the snow clearing crew to do a good job. We are really blessed to have such great neighbours.

Well I guess that is about all I have to report for now. Tomorrow, a new adventure begins, that's what I told Tony when I left the hospital!

Goodnight and have a great week!



moscreations wrote on Dec 11, '07
Thanks again everyone. Finally, we made it there :)

Awesome LeAnne, and a wonderful prayer he was saying too. Thanks for the link
We are blessed with these neighbours Barb & Pat, very lucky indeed. In fact we were always lucky with all the neighbours we had here
Thank you Donna, definitely Tony won't be home for Christmas, but we'll just have to make do :)
I hope to be able to rest a little bit more now Kanda, now that he made it to rehab!!

mustlovepugs wrote on Dec 11, '07
Yippee! So glad Tony's finally got to go to rehab. Sure is wonderful to have such thoughtful, caring neighbors. It's going to be a fantastic adventure on the road to complete recovery...praying and keeping faith this will happen. Check this out, Mo: http://www.patsysmiracle.com/

barb5t wrote on Dec 11, '07
I'm so glad your getting that support from the neighbors Mo.

bluesie wrote on Dec 10, '07
It,s great to get to know your neighbours wow and a nice bunch at that. You are lucky...very lucky.....Some people can be a.....h.....lol....but there are still very nice people out there...
hugs Pat

dkbtimbo51 wrote on Dec 10, '07
I hope all goes well today for Tony's trip. So happy to hear things are looking well for him. Please let us know how he makes out with his trip. Thank God for good neighbors, and friends Monique. Maybe if Tony isn't allowed to be home for Christmas, they will let you bring in a small tree for him.You are right as long as you have and are with Tony, that is a blessing. I, am, so happy things are getting better for you, too. Please take care, Sweetie, God bless you both. Hugs, Donna/Dkbtimbo51

kandaphati wrote on Dec 9, '07
So glad to know Tony is getting better and you are not alone when at home. Please take good care: do not let your back bend for a long time especially when you are moving heavy object(s). This was one of the first "warnings" our teachers in rehab dept told us. Bend your larger muscles instead. (For example, your legs.) Looking forward to hearing more good news, Mo. Keep warm. Rest well. Thanks so much for updating. 




No comments: