Saturday, August 18, 2012

Dirty little facts! Ladies a must read - and men too :)

Originally published on Multiply November 19th 2006Image


OK, this might not be a cute little story or something I usually would share with the world, but I thought everyone would benefit from reading this.

I was reading the November issue of the Canadian version of the Reader's Digest this afternoon, while I was, where else, in the bathroom.......lol.......doesn't everyone do a little reading while they're in there :))


Anyway, I got to reading this very insteresting tidbit about the TOILET and thought I would share it with everyone. Ladies, you need to get your mate to read this and get him to star getting used to close that lid BEFORE flushing.


OK, here it goes:

DIRTY LITTLE FACTS

It's one of the most unpopular chores, but 81% of Canadians clean the toilet once a week; 11% wait as long as 14 days - dare you sit on those toilets!

People in Quebec are more likely than any other province to clean toilets weekly.

So, why are some people not cleaning? Twenty percent say it turns them off.  Others say it's their inability to clean under the rim. What can happen if you don't clean properly? Germs commonly found in toilet bowls can contribute to hepatitis A, Norwalk virus, salmonella and shigella. So ge to scrubbin'!

And if men need a reason t keep the lid down: Dr. Charles Gerba from the University pf Arizona proved that leaving the lid open while flishing causes bacteria to disperse through the air, contaminating hairbrushes, towels and toothbrushes. Yuck!


I'm proud to say that I live in the province of Quebec :) 

I showed this to my husband, so hopefully HE will start closing that lid BEFORE flushing. I'm fortunate that we don't share a common bathroom in my house, well not the main one anyway, he has his and I have mine :), but we do share the powder room which is on the main floor. So now I have to train him.....lol. By the way, the maths above total up to 92% - guess that the other 8% wait longer than 14 days to clean their toilets!!! YIKES, how disgusting is that!

I just thought I would share this article with everyone, as I know that every country produces their own version of Reader's Digest and this article certainly applies to all countries :)


Image

No comments: