Monday, August 27, 2012

November 11 Update

Originally published on Multiply, November 11th, 2007


 Good evening/morning everyone

Well, it's been another long day at the hospital. I got there around 11 this morning and Tony was very tired and sleeping, so I came back home for a while and went back around 1pm. He was feeling better then.

He's still hooked up to the IV with his Heparin drip. We watched tv together, this afternoon was the football game between Montreal and Winnipeg (I personally HATE football.....lol, but I had to watch it with him, to make him happy) and unfortunately, Montreal lost, so we are not in the running anymore for the Grey Cup. You have to be Canadian to understand this :). The Grey Cup is the Canadian equivalent to the Super Bowl :)

He was also feeling really cold today and I kept on having to cover him up with blankets while he sat in the chair by the bed. Finally after supper (another fiasco....lol) he was starting to shiver, so I got him to lie down, he was really hot. The nurse came by and gave him a Tylenol and then took his temperature, he was 39.6C or 103F. He finally went to sleep, and I left around 8pm.

He just called me about 10 minutes ago, says he's feeling better, but he hasn't seen the nurse. She told me she would check on him in 3/4 hour, but he was likely asleep and she didn't wake him up.

They also increased his Coumadin from 5mg to 10mg, so I hope that will bring the INR up to the right level. If they had followed what the  cardiologist had  originally told me, this probably wouldn't have happened. He had told me when he was still in the ICU that they were transferring him to the floor and would give him Heparin WITH the Coumadin, but they never did give him his Coumadin. They were also supposed to give him his Tiazac XC, which they don't have at the hospital, so I had to bring the pills from home to give to him, but on the floor they never did get the pills, so he never got those, this might have contributed to the problem too.

Plus he's having a bit of an infection from an IV line that was taken out (it was in his arm for too long), one of the nurse removed it last night, and the site it very red, hopefully this will be resolved quickly, it might be the reason for the fever he had tonight.

The week-end cardiologist came by for about 2 seconds this afternoon, he says, how are you doing? Tony says, "fine" and he left!!!! How impressive is that?!?!?! NOT! However he did have a better disposition today, he actually smiled.......lol. That was an improvement.

I can't wait for that damn test to be done on Tuesday so we can find out what exactly is the problem, it's all guess work right now. But his INR really needs to get under control, so I hope by tomorrow it will be better, because this morning it had gone down slightly to 1.3, which is why I guess they upped the dose for the Coumadin to 10mg.

It's just so hot and dry in the hospital, I was blowing my nose and was getting blood in the kleenex, but when I open the window, the patients get cold, so you can't win......lol

I opened the window today because it also really stank!!!!! With 3 patients in the room in diapers and one that keeps on having accidents, it's not a very clean environment. Poor woman also fell tonight, we were watching tv and couldn't see her as the curtain was drawn, all of a sudden we hear a boom and she's on the floor again, don't know what she was trying to do, earlier that evening I come back in the room, I think it was after I came back from supper and I find her across the room, near the bed of the patient next to Tony, with her cup, she wanted to heat it up - I think she thought there was a microwave there or something. I have to take her back to her bed, well I couldn't really, I got her walker and got her back to her chair. They're going to have to tie her down pretty soon. She gets too confused.

Anyway, I guess I better close this off for the night before I write a book and bore you to tears.....lol

Hope you all had a great week-end, it was cold here, but nice and sunny most of the time.

Have a great week!!


osuzana wrote on Nov 12, '07
Well, I'm glad at least he was smiling. That just sounds like a big mess. Good thing you are there for him. I always felt sorry when I went to sit with mom and there were people in there without someone to look after them.

moezie wrote on Nov 12, '07
wow mo, lets just hope all goes well from here on ... thanks again for the update and you're saint to watch that football lmao i hate football too!

mombaker wrote on Nov 12, '07
Definitely not boring, Mo. I was hanging on to every word. Lordy, what a mess! I do sincerely pray Tony gets better so you can get him out of there & home where the atmosphere is much better for you both. I'm sure they are doing all they can for him...but....wow

kandaphati wrote on Nov 12, '07
Oh dear... I hope every problem is solved soon!!!!!! HUGS, Mo.... Take care. I hope the hospital takes better care of all the patients. Mo, you must rest... Hope you have rested when you read this. Wish both of you a better day. Stay warm but keep the air fresh, LOL!

bluesie wrote on Nov 12, '07
OH myyyyyyyyyy......this can't go on my longer...
hugs me.....
Prayers still with you both

barbarab1313 wrote on Nov 12, '07
It never seems to end does it. Bad enough to have to be in hospital but then they have to make you sick with something else. They are so quick to want to build a super hospital I just wish that they would take better care of the patients, It just isn't fair. They should take these high and mighty politicians and put them in one of those hospital rooms and see how they like it. They are given the best of the best care on us the taxpayer. GRRRRRRRRRRRR Sorry for the ranting Mo it just really bugs me.
Hang in there my friend. Hope they find out soon what's wrong so Tony can get home and get some rest and start to heal. Take care of yourself. Major HUGS

moscreations wrote on Nov 12, '07
Sorry that I will make one thank you entry for you all, I'd love to answer each one personally, but tonight I am so tired. Things are now even worse!!! I will write it in a new blog entry. I have cried myself silly today and probably will for many days/weeks to come.
I do need all the prayers you can send. Tony had a stroke today!!!



No comments: