Tuesday, August 28, 2012

This and that

Originally published on Multiply, November 22nd, 2007



I was going to blog tonight, but I am really freaked out right now. As I was sitting here, going through my mail, from the corner of my eye I spotted a centipede, the same kind I have this summer in the house - actually on myself as I watched TV, we had called the exterminator at the time, but at this time, it is a bit late in the day and winter to boot. So, instead I called, actually I screamed and ran upstairs calling out to my friend Pat who was just going to sleep.......lol, and she came down here with me to look for it - because I don't have hubby around this time, so my big protector was Pat :) but as yet we haven't found it.

I then went upstairs to go get a jar, so we could catch it, if we see it, like I did this summer, and I walk in the kitchen and I see another centipede, but a different variety, I screamed again and my big protector came to my rescue and killed with her shoe and flushed it down the toilet...........lol.....
we came back downstairs still looking for the sucker and still can't see it, but I sat back down here and as I was looking at the computer, and out of the corner of my eye I THINK I saw it crawling on the side of the bookcase next to the computer table, but we still can't see anything, I am thoroughly freaked out and am writing this with my protector by my side, well almost.....lol.

I guess I'll have to call an exterminator again!!!!! I just can't take this. I think, but am not sure, that I know where they came in, well the one in the basement anyway, not sure about the one in the kitchen. We had a mini flood this summer in the basement and Tony has yet - or had yet to fix the hole in the wall, guess I have to call someone else to do this too now. He always was a procrastinator :(

Well, anyway, back to Tony, yesterday he had finally, physiotherapy, they got him to sit on the side of the bed, and walk a few steps, they were really pushing the bad foot, but still some walking. Had him lift his bad arm with his good one to exercise him, so he can do that on his own, they were showing him how to roll over on his own, but he's forgotten all about it. Today the nurses got him up and into a chair, and he sat there for a couple of hours, had his lunch there too. It was very tiring for him, and he slept for a couple of hours afterwards, the physio team showed up after he had just woken up to do another session but he was just too tired for it, so they will be back tomorrow. Speech therapy should also come tomorrow, so far he's only had 1 session with her, so I hope this one happens. She came yesterday and showed up at the same time as the notary, and as it was getting on late for the day, so she did say she would be back. Now the one therapy we have yet to hear from is the Occupational Therapy, without her, the doctor can't start proceedings to have him moved to a rehab center. She needs a report from all 3 therapists in order to get things moving. I did leave her a message on her voice mail and hope she will react tomorrow.

So I guess that's about it for now, and now I hope we find the sucker so I can sleep easy!!!

Goodnight everyone and thank you for all your prayers, keep 'em coming :)


osuzana wrote on Nov 23, '07
It sounds like Tony is getting along pretty well. That's good. I am so glad for you. Just get the hole fixed and have the basement checked out. I have never sprayed this house. I don't do poison. It affects the nervous system. We had a friend who worked for the park dept. and has nerve damage from being exposed to the poisons like he was. I don't have a bit more bugs than people that do spray. You might have a stray one get in somewhere but that is bound to happen.

barbarab1313 wrote on Nov 23, '07
Yuk, they must be coming in to keep warm lol. I had one crawling up my bed room wall last week . I get them every once in awhile they come up from the basement. Our basement isn't finished and it can get kind of damp. They actually look like something from another planet. I don't think they can hurt you but the site of them would make the devil himself scream. Bob was home at the time so he came in and killed it. I have killed them myself and feel bad about it but hey it's me or them lol. Glad Pat was around to help. It's less scary when you are not alone. Also glad that Tony seems to be doing somewhat better. Prayers and HUGS to you both.

sandyvic wrote on Nov 23, '07
Hi Mo,
I am so sorry to hear about Tonys stroke and what you both are going through. Since I have been having email problems did not know what was going on.
Sending loads of prayers and hopes that all will turn out well. I can imagine how you are feeling as in a split second life changes.
My dad also had a stroke similar to Tony's many years ago during an operation. He was paralyed on one side and had speech problems and mobility after. He was in Kingston General. After all the physio which he swore by he was able to live a life okay. He didnt have much use of one arm but handled it well. He got to play cards as we had a card holder made for him. Walking wasnt the easiest but he was stubborn and he managed. Have a feeling Tony is a lot like my dad was and will succeed in whatever comes his way. My heart goes out to you both though as I know it is not a very time.
Thankfully it sounds like you have a very good friend there for you and that is super.
About centipedes.......I would be running for the hills too. Only one of those things when I was in my early 20's, took the kids and sat outside until my hubby came home, lol.
Take care and even if you dont hear from me often you are both in my thoughts and prayers.
Love
Sandy
Perth, Ontario

mistyshadows2u wrote on Nov 23, '07
lol lol lol....Boy do you ever sound like me when it comes to crawlies. I can spot a spider crawling in Toronto...not to mention centipedes. When I first got married we lived in a beautiful basement apartment but it had a cold cellar off the bedroom. When I opened the door they scattered...So I bought some spray ...sprayed and then blocked the bottom of the door. We had rented the apt just before we got married...After the first week of living in the apt. I tore the bed apart to wash bedding..All along the bottom ...foot part where the cover rolls over and tuck under mattress...well all along between the flat sheet and the fitted sheet was a whole whack of them damn crawlies...I just about fainted...I could be in living room watching TV and see a spider crawling..One night when hubby got home from work I had a half dozen of his shoes scattered all over living room I'd used to kill spiders..He found me sitting with my feet up on the couch...hahahaha What a suck eh. I'm so thrilled to hear Tony is finally getting some needed help. It is very tiring for them in the beginning but if ya don't push him it will take much longer to get things working. Have patience and do make sure you get your sleep. xoxo

barb5t wrote on Nov 24, '07
Yikes bugs. We had some sugar ant visitors last summer. They found a way in to the kitchen. I imagined I could feel them crawling on me until the cornmeal and ant bait started working. The cold weather may have those centipedes looking for shelter. Do you have a sign that says "Occupied" you can use to discourage them?
I am so glad your efforts were rewarded. I hope the OT will show up tomorrow. Being a hospital advocate and guardian for Tony is no easy task. You have my continued prayers.
Hugs, Barb

moscreations wrote on Nov 24, '07
I am running late right now, but wanted to check the blog. I won't be dong a blog today, maybe tonight if not then tomorrow.

Suz, the spray that they use is not harmful to pets or people, but it is deadly for the bugs.....lol....I'm still skittish though!!!

As long as the physio and speech therapist do their thing (and me to follow through when they're not there) hopefully he'll move along faster to the road to recovery, but there are other problems, which I will blog about later - it ain't over yet!!!! Thank you all for your comments and encouragement AND the continued prayers.

Misty, I would just have died it I had found bugs in my bed!!!!!! YUCK!!!!!........lol

Sorry if I'm nor personalizing all responses, it's after 8, I have to get breakfast and get to the hospital, hope you all have a great day!

drsouthpaw wrote on Nov 24, '07
WELL, MO, I AM RIGHT WITH YA ON THAT CENTIPEDE SITUATION. DON'T LIKE CRAWLY CRITTERS. I TRUST THIS REVOLTING PREDICAMENT WILL BE TAKEN CARE OF IMMEDIATELY SO YOU CAN GET A GOOD NIGHT'S SLEEP. IT SOUNDS LIKE TONY IS MAKING PROGRESS, LITTLE BY LITTLE, BUT A LITTLE PROGRESS IS VERY HOPEFUL. IT IS UNDERSTANDABLE THAT HE TIRES EASILY, THAT IS TO BE EXPECTED, BUT HE WILL GAIN STRENGTH AS TIME GOES BY. AS LONG AS HE CAN KEEP A POSITIVE ATTITIUDE IT WILL CONTINUE TO IMPROVE. YOU SURE HAVE BEEN THROUGH THE FIRE, GIRL. YOU ARE A TROOPER. GOD BLESS, TAKE CARE, TALK TO YOU LATER (TTYL)

shepaintsthestars wrote on Nov 24, '07
Dearest Mo...

You and Tony are not very far from my thoughts, heart or prayers....
I pray that Tony will have a speedy recovery and that you in turn are managing to take good care of yourself. Rest, eat proper and let others shore you up and encourage you.

I do not know you very well Mo...
But I so love your creativity, your sense of humor and your generosity.

I remember about a year ago, I asked that you might make some Sig tags with both my proper name = Melinda and my nickname = Mindy, if it were not too much trouble for you. You were so kind and obliged, I felt so lucky because I absolutrly love your Sig tags/ :) You were so gracious about the whole thing and I have never forgotten it. :)

In any case, I hope you fond Tony feeling better today! :)
God Bless, you are an awesome lady!

moscreations wrote on Nov 25, '07
Thanks so much Mindy, I really appreciate this, we both need all the prayers we can get. With all this happening, I can't say that I have taken care of myself very much, I'm with him minimum 12 hours a day, and haven't had a home cooked meal since Nov. 3rd, the day he entered the hospital (before his stroke, there was another problem) I sometimes eat at the hospital (not that very nutritious either, and bring sandwiches) I don't sleep well either with my thoughts going in every directions, worrying about so many things.
Thanks for the compliment about my tags, it will be however a very long time before I can do this again, I have lost total interest, not to mention that my computer is still down anyway. Thanks for your support.

Bobbi Jo,I was totally freaked out by those critters. I did get the house sprayed so that should take care of that until spring anyway :)
Yes he is progressing albeit slowly, if we can just get him into rehab it will be even faster, I am beginning to be more hopeful in that respect, but there are other obstacle, which I will blog about! Keep the prayers coming!. We need a lot of those!




No comments: