Monday, August 27, 2012

Thursday, November 8th Update

Originally published on Multiply November 8th, 2007




Well today was actually pretty uneventful. The doctor did not come by to visit Tony, but he did get word through the nurses this afternoon that they would be doing the nuclear scan on Friday, don't know if that will be in the morning or afternoon.

He is able to go around and walk in the hallway to at least get some exercise, while dragging his IV pole of course. Last night he had an old pole and an old pump that was not keeping the charge, so he couldn't leave his room. Today they changed it to a new pump and a newer pole, so at least he can get around, without tripping over the pole.

He also finally got his TV late this afternoon, so he was able to watch tv while I was gone. I took a little bit of time off, because it's just soooooooooo hot in the hospital, I must remember to wear a t-shirt tomorrow - with short sleeves.........lol, I'm not wearing anything too heavy, but even as light as it is, it's too warm for me, and it's not only because it's so hot there, it's also because of my stupid menopause.....lol. Hot flashes are just not fun......lol. Also there is just no air circulating, so it gets pretty stale in there. It's no wonder that people get sicker when they're in the hospital for so long!

He's still on a Heparin drip, they haven't yet started to give him his Coumadin, so that tells me that he probably will still be there in the week-end, as they have to regulate the blood before they release him, and as we know, they don't do bugger all in the week-end!!

He's eating well, the food is just so-so of course. He's not allowed any caffeine, which means also no tea, no chocolate or anything that could contain any caffeine, until the test is done anyway, hopefully they'll remember to remove that warning after he's going through it, but knowing how things work there, it's very likely they will forget.

He did have a visitor tonight (so far I have been the only one to visit him). Someone from his office. A good friend, Bob, who is the controller of the company where Tony works. Hummmmm, that reminds me that they didn't send him anything this time around at the hospital, the company usually sends him a fruit basket or something to cheer him up, but I guess they forgot this time around. Not that we expect them to do it, but it's nice to be reminded that someone cares.

Today was a pretty cold day here too. We got a few flurries, nothing too bad, it was all gone by the time I got out of the house this morning, and I'm certainly not complaining about that :) - as I'm writing this, it is -3C, winter is just around the corner, well actually it's still a month away, but we're starting to feel it now.

Well, that's all the news from here today, hope everyone had a great day and I wish you all goodnight, this girl is heading off to lalaland now :)


fickow wrote on Nov 9, '07
Thanks for the updates on Tony, Mo. Good to hear that Tony is getting around a bit and eating well. As he's not allowed any caffeine, you'll have to take him up some beer.......very good for flushing the kidneys.
Bit rough when the doctor doesn't visit daily & you have to find out from the nurses what's going on. Even though nothing happens on weekends, it would probably best if Tony stays in over the weekend, at least he can be closely monitored......would be terrible if he went home and had a relapse.
We hope all goes well with the nuclear scan, tell Tony we are both thinking of him & wish him all the best.
Take care. Hugs to you both.
Sue & Bill 

mistyshadows2u wrote on Nov 9, '07
Well this is just the greatest news. So happy Tony is feeling way better and able to get up and around. Totally agrees with ya on hot hospitals and stale air. You sure need to pack like going on summer vacation for any lengthy stays in any hospital.



dkbtimbo51 wrote on Nov 9, '07
Monique, so happy to hear hubby is feeling a little better, and he is able to get up and move around a bit. Even though the food may be nasty, lol it is good to hear that he is eating.It seems the hospital is taking their sweet time with the test. I suppose they know what is best. Just seems to me they could move a little faster and get things done. Ohhhhh hot flashes, girl you and I both. I have been having them for 6 years now. They are less but I still get them. You feel like tearing all of your clothes off, to get cool. My husband touched me when I was having one , and he said my goodness you are so hot! I had to tell him a hot flash was present at the time. They are no picnic that's for sure. Monique, love and get well wishes to hubby, and to you of course. It is cold here in New York, too. We have had 2 mornings with frost, but the killer frost has not hit us yet. I still have flowers blooming outside. I hope you have a good weekend. Will keep you both in my thoughts and prayers. God bless. Hugs, Donna

moscreations wrote on Nov 9, '07
Thanks Donna, he's having the test right now, he had part of it this morning for a couple of hours, then they took him again and I don't know how long it will be, I've busied myself doing the washing this morning and will go to the hospital this afternoon, sure hope he'll be back to the room soon, it's been another 2 hours now for part 2. Of course he couldn't eat since last night and no water either, so that's no picnic.
My goodness you have flowers growing still??? Not here......lol...........we had a LOT of frost this morning, and it took quite a while to melt, but no snow yet :)
Will post another blog later tonight. Thanks for the good thoughts and prayers.

moscreations wrote on Nov 9, '07
Thanks Sue & Bill, Tony is going through the test right now - part 2 that is. I called him at 8am this morning and he said at the time he was scheduled for 8:30 and while I was talking to him they took him at 8:15. He had a good night sleep, which was good, he slept right through from midnight until 6am, first good night since he's there. He called me back at 10 to tell me the first part was over and he was back in the room and they took him again for the next session. I don't really know when he'll be back in his room! Will post a new blog tonight and hopefully will have good news.
He's going to be very hungry when this is all over and I hope he can eat normally!!!

barbarab1313 wrote on Nov 9, '07
Thanks for the update on Tony. It must be difficult on both of you all this waiting and seeing. Those Hot Flashes can be a real Bi**h. I hope all goes well and he is sent home soon. It is so much better to recover at home and it will be easier for you not to have to go to the hospital all the time. I will send my good vibes to both of you that all goes well. Please also take care of yourself even though it is difficult with all that is going on. HUGS

bluesie wrote on Nov 9, '07
wow ......you got snowwwwwwww you keep it in that part of the country okkkkkkkayyyy
lol
Well thanks for the update on Tony...things looking up....Tell him I said hi and a quick recovery,.
My prayers are with you both
hugs Patlease also take care of yourself even though it is difficult with all that is going on. HUGS

moezie wrote on Nov 9, '07
thinking of you and tony ... just hope he'll be over those tests and at home soon!



No comments: