Sunday, August 26, 2012

Update on Hubby

Originally published on Multiply November 3rd, 2007



First of all I want to thank all the well-wishers for their concern.

I just came home about an hour ago to rest a bit and to bring some stuff back to him. We got to the hospital last night around 12:30 and they took some blood samples and tested his INR and hemoglobine and a bunch of other tests. Gave him some vitamin K to try to thicken the blood somewhat.

For those who don't know, he was bleeding from a bowel movement, there was a lot of blood. He had his aortic valve replaced with a mechanical valve back in 1995 and 1 coronary by-pass done at the same time. Since then he is of course on blood thinner, and he just saw his cardiologist a few weeks ago, and he added to his meds a baby aspirin, that's on top of the Coumadin he already takes for that. So, I think this might have contributed to the whole problem, but we don't know yet the exact cause of the bleeding.

The poked and prodded him quite a bit today, but the hospital where he is at couldn't do all the tests that they would like to perform because it's a week-end and the departments are closed - of course!!

They wanted to transfer him to another facility, but they were full up, so instead they transferred him to ICU to keep an eye on him and monitor him, until they can run the necessary tests.

And on top of everything else, I come hom and AGAIN my computer crashed and now it seems to be for good, I can't even boot up with my boot disk, so another problem that I can't deal with at the moment.

And on top of all that, I'm getting a cold......lol

Things are just not going well this week-end. I just hope that he'll recover fully like he did back in 2004. Back then they had diagnosed him as having diverticulosis, but we don't know if this is the same problem right now, just have to wait and see.

Hope you all have a great week-end!!!


What follows are the comments left by friends at that time (on all other previous posts I have not bothered copying the comments, but I will for these:

By Barbarab1313 Nov. 3, 2007
I just logged in and saw your post. I hope all will go well. Must of been a real scare. At least he is in the hospital where they can take care of the problem. You will both be in my thoughts and prayers that all will be well. Take care of yourself and keep me posted. MAJOR (((HUGS)))

By nanatimes8 Nov. 3 2007
Well what a scare you all have had!! Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers! Sorry about the computer...kicking it from this directions for you.:-) Take care sweetie and we'll anxiously await news. Huggers ~Nancy~

By moezie Nov. 3 2007
i'm glad they put him in the ICU ... geesh our hospital situation sucks sometimes, doesn't it! i'm keeping you and hubby in my thoughts and prayers mo! xoxox

By dkbtimbo51 Nov. 3 2007
Monique, I hope all goes well with hubby, and they find the cause of his problem. Keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers. God bless. Big hugs, Donna/Dkbtimbo51

By kandaphati Nov. 3 2007
Hugssssss, Mo. You know I am thinking you. Praying for both of you.

By mkinwa Nov. 3 2007
I think we care more about you and your hubby than we care about tags. Please keep us posted! Meanwhile I'll be keeping you both in prayer!
Love,
mk

By rebecca65109 Nov. 4 2007
::hugs:: You just need to take care of yourself and the hub right now -- get him better and home. And don't worry about tags!!!! I'm quite sure we will survive! *smile* Once you get home and have time to concentrate on the computer, holler at me -- perhaps I can help you with it. I'll be glad to see if I can anyway!! Just drop me an email at love-those-red-slippers@mchsi.com -- I'll be around pretty much any day!! Be sure and get some rest -- and just focus on you and the hub now!!!! ~*Becca/Scarlett*~

From fickow Nov. 7 2007
Big Hugz, thinking of you lub Sue & Willie





No comments: