Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Slow day!!

Originally published on Multiply November 18th, 2007



First I want to say that if you don't see a blog from me every night, don't be too concerned, some nights I just don't have the strength to come down here to check mail or blog, I'm just too drained.

Saturday was fairly uneventful, of course there is no therapy going on during the week-end. His neurologist came by in the afternoon, and repeated pretty much what he had said before. That he had fluid in the brain, but we can't insert a tube to drain it because of the infection and also because of his blood being so thin, so we are adopting a wait and see approach, but if I were to notice sign of incontinence, not being able to walk steadily, memory problem to let him know - well HELLO - he has a stroke, he can't walk, if he did, it certainly would be wobbly at best, and he's got a catheter and hasn't had a BM since this occurred, as far as memory goes, he's always had a memory problem, but his family doctor - rightly or wrongly, said it wasn't a problem, so he never pursued it, so we can't confirm if this was a pre-existing condition.

They have not yet got him started on Coumadin, although the ICU doctor had told me on Friday I think that he would start it if he wasn't moved to the regular floor, so I don't know when that will be done, right now he's on a Heparin drip!

There's not much more to report at this time, I will have breakfast soon and make my way back to the hospital, but also have to pay some bills first!!!

I have no interest these days in anything but what concerns him, have no interest in PSP anymore and I will probably leave all the groups I'm in that are about PSP, maybe I should look for some about stroke victims instead!! My computer is pretty much dead and will remain that way, we'll have to begin to cut expenses as the money is going to be pretty tight!! Well, that's it for now.

Have a nice Sunday!



moezie wrote on Nov 18, '07
hope your day at the hospital is uneventful ... don't worry about posting mo, i'm glad you're taking care of yourself and getting your well needed rest ... brrrrrrrrrr its been cold lately, eh! xoxox

barbarab1313 wrote on Nov 18, '07
Thanks for the update. Nothing else matters but Tony getting better and you taking care of yourself. I am still praying for both of you that you will get through this.
HUGS

kandaphati wrote on Nov 18, '07
Forget about PSP or blogging, Mo. We understand!
You have to take better care of YOURSELF.
I pray that Tony gets better ASAP. Hugs...
(See? Everyone is saying the same thing to you!)

mombaker wrote on Nov 19, '07
Love you Mo & the only thing that matters at this point in time is that you & Tony concentrate on getting yourselves well & in a comfortable place. Prayers will continue for you both without ceasing until you say different. You are always in our hearts & minds. God Bless!!

 moscreations wrote on Nov 20, '07
Thank you so much everyone for your kind words and understanding, I will try to post a blog after this.It sure has been a tiring week so far and it's only Tuesday!!!

osuzana wrote on Nov 21, '07
Don't pull out of the psp groups yet. You never know when they or at least your favorite ones might be some good therapy for you even if you don't create anything you like.

moscreations wrote on Nov 22, '07
Hi Suz, I'm on no mail everywhere anyway, so I haven't pulled out, but likely will, I don't have time to be on the computer to barely blog and read email - which actually I just delete, I just don't have the time for this now, and no inclination to read jokes and forward them. And forget PSP, my computer is still dead anyway, and I'm using his computer to blog and do the email on the web, which I really hate!!




No comments: