Thursday, August 30, 2012

Snow storm is coming!!!

Originally published on Multiply, December 2nd, 2007,

Well, isn't that just spiffy!!!! Tony is moving to his new digs on Monday and we're expecting 20cm (8 inches) of snow from Sunday night to Monday. And on top of that, it's going to be cold as well with the wind chill factor, today (Sunday) will be -18C (-4F) and Monday -13C (9F). How exciting will that be to be driving on those conditions!! Definitely not looking forward to that. I have to be there early too, because he's supposed to leave around 9 or 9:30 but I wonder if that will happen with the storm. We have a contractor that clears the driveway for us, but Tony's car is still parked there, which will make it impossible to walk out of the garage, I will see if I can ask a neighbour across the street if we can park it there.

Other than that tidbit of news there is really nothing to report, as nothing happens at the hospital - or at the rehab on the week-end, so it was an uneventful Saturday, no other visitors dropped by.

Have a great Sunday and once he's moved over to Julius Richardson I'll keep you posted on how that's working.




moscreations wrote on Dec 3, '07
Thanks to everyone for your lovely comments. Unfortunately the move didn't happen! Tony's INR was still too low, I will blog about it probably in the morning as I am too dead tired right now and need to hit the hay.

Barbara he's going to Julius Richardson which is in NDG, off of Côte St. Luc, I think 1 street East of Cavendish.
mombaker wrote on Dec 3, '07
Checking in on you here. I pray all went well & everyone is safe & sound & working on getting better. Hugs 'n Stuff. MOM
bluesie wrote on Dec 3, '07
Good luck on that move I hope it happened...hugs Pat
kandaphati wrote on Dec 2, '07
Glad to know about Tony but a bit worried about your having to go out in the cold. Please be careful. Keep warm. I will certainly think of you, Mo. mkinwa was right, you cannot afford to be ill so please always be in your best condition. Eat good food and rest well. How I wish I were there to see if you are taking good care of yourself! Thanks for keeping us updated. Can you give me your mailing address? I want to send you a new year card and I will attach some tropical warmth in the envelope. Pls email if it is not too troublesome.
barbarab1313 wrote on Dec 2, '07
It is colder then heck. If we are lucky maybe the snow will hold off until Tony is safe and sound at the rehab. I imagine they will take him by ambulance and will you have to follow by car? Is the rehab far from the hospital? Keep Warm (((HUGS)))
mkinwa wrote on Dec 2, '07
TAKE CARE OF *YOURSELF*
You won't be any good to Tony if you gt sick.
I don't even want to talk about PICC lines and winter storms, in regards to hospitals. I could tell you tales that would straighten your hair.
Honey this is really good news. We will all continue to keep you both in prayer, prayers that Tony is on the mend, and will indeed, be home for Christmas.
Love you sweetie


No comments: